The phone number will only be in service during the meeting.
This has been updated at 12:30 p.m., Thursday, May 6, 2010.
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comments will be heard at 9 a.m. for no more than 30 minutes. For attendees who are unable to attend the early comment period, there will be a second comment period prior to or after the lunch break. Agenda items will begin or resume after public comment.
4. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s San Francisco office at (415) 904-5260.
5. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
6. COASTAL PERMIT APPLICATIONS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES. Attention: Items appearing in this section of the agenda may be moved to the Consent Calendar for this area by the Executive Director when, prior to taking up the Consent Calendar, staff and the applicant are in agreement on the staff recommendation. If an item is moved to the Consent Calendar it will be processed in the same manner as other Consent Calendar items (See AGENDA CATEGORIES) except that if that item is subsequently removed from the Consent Calendar by a vote of three or more commissioners, the item will be acted upon at the meeting in the order in which it originally appears on this Meeting Notice and in the manner Coastal Permit Applications are processed. The purpose of this procedural change is to expedite the Commission's coastal development permit process.
a. Application No. 2-08-020 (AIMCO, Esplanade Avenue Apartments LLC, Pacifica) Application of AIMCO, Esplanade Avenue Apartments LLC, for follow-up authorization of work performed under emergency permits, including construction of (1) approximately 475 ft.-long rock riprap shoreline revetment, and (2) approximately 3,240 sq.ft., 50 ft.-high soil nail wall along approximately 40 ft.-long section of upper bluff, at 360 & 380 Esplanade Avenue, Pacifica, San Mateo County. (TST-SF) [POSTPONED]
7. LOCAL COASTAL PROGRAMS (LCPs). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
8. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-3-SLO-06-043 (SDS Family Trust, San Luis Obispo Co.) Appeal by Commissioners Wan & Reilly, and Sierra Club of San Luis Obispo County decision granting permit with conditions to SDS Family Trust for remodel of existing home, construction of barn, and removal of existing public accessway west of Highway One adjacent to Pacific Ocean along Harmony Coast area near Cayucos in unincorporated San Luis Obispo County. (MC-SC) [POSTPONED]
9. APPROVAL OF MINUTES. Motion and Vote
10. COMMISSIONERS' REPORTS.
11. CONSERVANCY REPORT.
12. SANTA MONICA MOUNTAINS CONSERVANCY REPORT.
13. DEPUTY ATTORNEY GENERAL'S REPORT.
14. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT including report and possible Commission action on legislation and water quality.
b. Federal Evaluation Findings for the California Coastal Management Program. Commission staff update. This is an information item only; no action will be taken by the Commission. (MJ-SF)
c. Report on Commission’s In-Lieu Fee Mitigation. Report on status of in-lieu fee mitigation for impacts to affordable overnight accommodations. This is an information item only; no action will be taken by the Commission. (ND-SWP/SF)
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission are June 9-11, 2010 in Marina del Rey and July 7-9 in Santa Rosa.