Click Here to Start
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
1416 9th Street Auditorium
John Laird, Secretary for Natural Resources, Council Chair
Matt Rodriquez, Secretary for Environmental Protection
Gavin Newsom, Chair of the State Lands Commission
Geraldine Knatz, Public Member
Michael Brown, Public Member
Fran Pavley, State Senator
Toni Atkins, State Assemblymember
Wednesday, March 27, 20132:00 pm*
1. Welcome and Council Member AnnouncementsSecretary Laird, Council Chair and other members of the Council2. Report from the Executive DirectorCat Kuhlman, Executive Director, OPC
3. Report from the Science AdvisorSkyli McAfee, Executive Director, California Ocean Science Trust
4. Climate Change, Sea Level Rise, Ocean Acidification and Hypoxia: An overview.
Cat Kuhlman, Executive Director, OPC
5. Sea Level Rise Guidance: Presentation of the updated Sea Level Rise Guidance.
Sarah Flores, Project Manager, OPC
• Exhibit 1: State of California Sea-Level Rise Guidance Document
• Exhibit 2: Staff Memorandum March 27, 2013
6. Ocean Acidificaiton and Hypoxia: A brief review of the science and updates on the west coast response and the California panel.
Skyli McAfee, Executive Director, OST and Steve Weisberg, Executive Director, Southern California Coastal Water Research Project
9. Central Coast Symposium: A recap of the symposium and a discussion of the next steps forward in implementing California’s network of Marine Protected Areas.
Skyli McAfee, Executive Director, OST, Cat Kuhlman, Executive Director, OPC
10. Public Comment on non-agenda items
- Attachment 1: Symposium Program
- Attachment 2: Symposium Media Coverage
- Attachment 3: State of the California Central Coast: Results from Baseline Monitoring of Marine Protected Areas 2007-2012
11. Arrangements for next meeting and Adjournment
Next Meeting will be June 28, 2013 in Sacramento
*Note: Agenda items may be reordered at the discretion of the council chair.
Questions about the meeting or agenda can be directed Joanna Stone (916) 653-9710 or email@example.com. Any person who has a disability and requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this council meeting should contact Ms. Stone no later than five days prior to meeting.