Streaming Video Home Page
February 2010 Draft Agenda
Oceanside City Council Chambers
300 North Coast Hwy.
Oceanside, CA 92054
The phone number will only be in service during the meeting.
This has been posted at 1 p.m., Wednesday, January 20, 2010.
Click Here to Start
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2010
1. CALL TO ORDER.
2. ROLL CALL.
3. GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comments will be heard at 10 a.m. for no more than 30 minutes. For attendees who are unable to attend the early comment period, there will be a second comment period prior to or after the lunch break. Agenda items will begin or resume after public comment.
ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY
4. ENERGY, OCEAN RESOURCES and FEDERAL CONSISTENCY. Report by the Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, negative determinations, matters not requiring public hearings, and status report on offshore oil & gas exploration & development. For specific information contact the Commission’s Energy, Ocean Resources, and Federal Consistency Division office at (415) 904-5240.
5. FEDERAL CONSISTENCY.. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. CC-059-09 (North County Transit District,
San Diego Co.) Consistency certification by North County Transit District for in-line replacement of 3 railroad bridges crossing Los Penasquitos Lagoon, San Diego County. (LJS-SF)
Motion and Vote
6. REVOCATION. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Revocation Request No. R2-E-06-013 (Poseidon Resources,
Carlsbad) Request by Surfrider Foundation, San Diego Coastkeeper, and Coastal Environmental Rights Foundation to revoke permit E-06-013 granted to Poseidon Resources to construct and operate a 50 million gallon per day seawater desalination facility at site of Encina Power Plant, adjacent to Agua Hedionda Lagoon, in City of Carlsbad, San Diego County. (TRL-SF)
7. REVISED FINDINGS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. CC-056-09 (City of San Diego Point Loma Wastewater Treatment Plant,
San Diego Co.)
Revised Findings for conditional concurrence with resubmitted Consistency Certification by City of San Diego for secondary treatment waiver (i.e., Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Reissuance, under Section 301(h) of the Clean Water Act, of a modified National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit) for Point Loma Wastewater Treatment Plant Discharges offshore of San Diego, San Diego County. (MPD-SF)
Return to Item
Motion and Vote
NORTH CENTRAL COAST DISTRICT
8. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s San Francisco office at (415) 904-5260.
9. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
10. NEW APPEALS. See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
a. Appeal No. A-2-HMB-09-018 (Irwin, San Mateo Co.) Appeal by Kevin Lansing of decision of City of Half Moon Bay granting permit with conditions to John Irwin and Alice McClelland for construction of 2,887 sq.ft., 2-story, single-family home at 930 Railroad Avenue, Half Moon Bay, San Mateo County. (MC-SF)
b. Appeal No. A-2-HMB-10-001 (Hernandez, San Mateo Co.)
Appeal by Commissioners Stone and Blank of decision of City of Half Moon Bay granting permit with conditions to Marcos and Esther Hernandez for construction of a 2-story, single-family home and lot merger at 306 Ralston Avenue, Half Moon Bay, San Mateo County. (MC-SF) [SUBSTANTIAL ISSUE FOUND, de novo hearing TO CONTINUE]
11. DEPUTY DIRECTOR’S REPORT
. Report by Deputy Director on permit waivers, emergency permits, immaterial amendments & extensions, LCP matters not requiring public hearings, and on comments from the public. For specific information contact the Commission’s Santa Cruz office at (831) 427-4863.
12. CONSENT CALENDAR (removed from Regular Calendar). See AGENDA CATEGORIES.
13. ENFORCEMENT REPORT. Report by Chief of Enforcement on Statewide Enforcement Program. (LAH-SF)
14. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Motion and Vote
15. COMMISSIONERS' REPORTS.
16. CONSERVANCY REPORT.
17. SANTA MONICA MOUNTAINS CONSERVANCY REPORT.
18. DEPUTY ATTORNEY GENERAL'S REPORT.
19. EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT including report and possible Commission action on legislation and water quality.
a. Annual Report of the Conservation/Open Space OTD Program. Report on the Status of Conservation & Open Space Offers to Dedicate Easements. (LF-SF)
b. Public Education Grants.
Public hearing and action on proposed competitive grant awards from sales of the Whale Tail License Plate. (CP & SBL-SF)
Motion and Vote
Future Meetings: The next meetings of the Coastal Commission are March 10-12, 2010 in Santa Cruz and April 14-16, 2010 in Ventura.